The foundation of a well-being diabetic is proper nutrition. To maintain a stable blood glucose level, patients are required to follow a diabetic diet. Obligatory component of the diet should be fresh vegetables and fruits.
They are rich in fiber necessary for digestion, vitamins, micro-and macronutrients to strengthen the immune system. The choice of fruit is based on the indicator GI (glycemic index), according to which products of this category can be consumed, indexed from 0 to 30 units. Persimmon in diabetes does not fall into the category of fruits that can be eaten without restrictions.
Composition, properties and indications for use
From a scientific point of view, a persimmon is a berry, but it is customary to call it a fruit whose homeland is China. There are almost 300 varieties of persimmon, the most popular: “King”, “Khiakume”, “Geytli”, “Zenji-Maru”. A medium sized fruit weighs about 100 grams. The chemical composition of the berries fits many useful components, the main ones are presented in the table.
|PP (nicotinic acid)||calcium|
|C (ascorbic acid)||iron|
|B5 (pantothenic acid)||zinc|
|vitamin b9 (folic acid)||phosphorus|
The fruit contains citric and malic acid, rich in dietary fiber. The share of essential acids accounts for 2 oz., Replaceable acids - about 3 oz. (per 100 g.). Orange berry is one of the leaders in the content of tannins. These substances have antibacterial, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory effects. Vitamins A, C, E are antioxidants. They help strengthen the immune system, support the health of the organs of vision, enhance the regeneration of the skin, increase the permeability of blood vessels, inhibit the aging process.
The group of vitamins B ensures stable functioning of the nervous system, participates in metabolic processes. The mineral component: zinc - stimulates the synthesis of insulin and pancreatic enzymes, magnesium - stabilizes heart activity, calcium - participates in the formation of new bone tissue, iodine - supports the thyroid gland. The listed components are necessarily included in the composition of vitamin-mineral complexes developed specifically for diabetics.
The positive effects of fruit on the body of a diabetic:
- Increases the elasticity of blood vessels. Companion of diabetes is atherosclerosis, so this quality is extremely important.
- Contributes to the stabilization of the neuro-psychological state. Chronic diseases have a negative effect on the psycho-emotional state of a person; persimmon will help improve one’s mood.
- Improves blood formation. With the help of orange berries, you can raise the level of hemoglobin.
- Strengthens the immune system. In diabetics, as a rule, immune forces go to fight the underlying disease, and it becomes difficult to resist the common cold. Persimmon can be a preventive measure.
- Favorably affects the functioning of the hepatobiliary system and kidneys. One of the complications of diabetes is nephropathy, so this property is important.
- Optimizes metabolic processes. Diabetes type 2 develops on the background of metabolic disorders, such quality will be very useful.
- Improves eyesight. For diabetics, the orange berry can be a preventive measure for the development of retinopathy.
- Cleans the body from toxic deposits. Drugs tend to accumulate, persimmon helps to eliminate their residues.
Food and energy value of the product
According to the rules of diabetic nutrition, simple carbohydrates in their pure form should be eliminated from the menu, since they are quickly processed, and the resulting glucose is rapidly absorbed into the blood, causing an increase in sugar indicators. Persimmon is a carbohydrate product. 100 gr. (one fruit) accounts for about 16 grams. carbohydrates. Glucose and fructose are presented in approximately equal amounts.
Fructose is considered a less dangerous monosaccharide than glucose, since its breakdown occurs without the participation of insulin, only with the help of enzymes. However, in order to deliver glucose formed from fruit sugar to its destination (into the cells of the body), insulin is necessary. Therefore, fructose is allowed to use in limited quantities. Persimmon contains not only fast, but also slow carbohydrates (fiber, pectin, dietary fiber).
These components have a positive effect on the processes of digestion and are a source of energy for the body. There are practically no proteins (only half a gram per 100 g. Of product), there are no fats in persimmon. The diabetic diet should not consist of high-calorie foods, so as not to create an additional load on the weakened pancreas and not to gain weight. What is especially important for patients with obesity type II diabetes.
The energy value of persimmon is low (up to 60 kcal), and if it were not for the abundance of sugars, it could be called a dietary product. On the glycemic scale, the persimmon is indexed from 50 to 70 units, depending on the species. By the gradation of diabetic products, the fruit falls into the middle category (index from 30 to 70 units). Such food is allowed to eat in a limited way, that is, in strictly limited quantities.
Features of the use of persimmon in diabetes
Patients with an insulin-dependent type of the disease when drawing up the menu are guided not only by the glycemic index, but also by the number of HEs (bread units). One bread unit corresponds to 12 grams of pure carbohydrates. The daily maximum of a diabetic should not exceed 25 XE. Regarding persimmon, the formula will look as follows: 1ХЕ = 12 гр. carbohydrate = 70 gr. fruit The weight of one fruit is 80-100 grams, which means that after eating one persimmon, a diabetic gets more than half the daily amount of carbohydrates.
That is, on the other foods containing carbohydrates, there are not too many HE. It would be better to eat 1/3 of the fruit. In addition, sugar will rise from exceeding the recommended serving. When insulin therapy, of course, you can control the situation with an additional injection of short insulin, but this emergency measure is not allowed to abuse. In patients with an insulin-independent type of the disease, it is not possible to quickly bring the indicators of sugar back to normal. Therefore, persimmon in diabetes mellitus type 2 is allowed only in the period of stable remission in the amount of 50 grams (half of one fruit).
If you eat a whole fruit, you will need to compensate for the daily carbohydrate rate of protein foods. In addition, simple carbohydrates from persimmon are quickly processed, without causing a prolonged feeling of satiety, and after a short time interval you will again want to eat. Given that the majority of diabetics with the second type are overweight, an extraordinary meal will not be beneficial.
In addition to the type of diabetes, the use of orange berries should take into account the individual characteristics of the body and the nature of the disease:
- Stage of the disease. With decompensated diabetes, glucose levels, as a rule, cannot be stabilized. Eating sugary foods can lead to a diabetic crisis. Persimmon is allowed only in the compensation stage.
- The presence of concomitant diseases. Orange berry is contraindicated in acute exacerbation of chronic gastritis or chronic pancreatitis, gastric ulcer, with constipation (constipation).
Before you enter a carbohydrate product in the diet, you need to get the approval of the treating endocrinologist. The doctor will be able to give a more detailed answer, given the individual characteristics.
To hedge against undesirable consequences, there is a persimmon, following the rules:
- Enter the menu a little. It is necessary to control the body's reaction to the product (mainly glucose indicators). Sugar should be measured before and after eating persimmon.
- Do not eat on an empty stomach. A hungry body will quickly process the product, which will trigger the rapid formation of glucose and its entry into the bloodstream.
- Do not eat at night. In this case, the glucose obtained from the fruit is transformed into fat, which will become the reason for gaining extra pounds.
- Consume with protein foods or immediately after meals. This will slow down the process of resorption (absorption) of glucose into the blood.
- Do not exceed the allowable portion.
- Take into account all carbohydrates eaten together with persimmon.
In the case when a significant increase in glucose indicators has occurred after eating the fruit, the presence of orange berries in the menu will have to be abandoned. If there is no inadequate response, the product in a reasonable dose is well suited as an addition to breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Sunny Chicken Breast
For cooking you will need:
- breast fillet - 300 gr.,
- persimmon - 1 pc.,
- walnuts - 50 gr.,
- onion - 1 pc.,
- cream 10%,
- salt, spices for chicken, greens.
Fillet cut into small pieces, onions - half rings. Salt, season with spices, leave to marinate for 45 - 60 minutes. To remove a persimmon from skin and stones, cut into cubes, chop walnuts in a mortar. Fry breast onions in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly. Add fruit and nuts, mix, pour cream. Stew under a lid for a quarter of an hour. When serving, sprinkle with chopped greens. Walnuts can be ground on a coffee grinder, then the cream sauce will be thicker.
- crab meat or chopsticks - 100 gr.,
- persimmon - ½ fruit,
- fresh cucumber - ½ pcs.,
- green sweet pepper - ½ pcs.,
- olives - 5 pcs.,
- dill, lime juice, mustard with grains, cold-pressed olive oil, soy sauce.
Crab meat, pepper, cucumber cut into strips. Peel the persimmon, cut into strips as well. Dill finely chopped olives crumble with olives. Mustard, olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, mix thoroughly (a little beat). Dress up the salad.
Orange dessert for diabetic
Persimmon for dessert should be very ripe and soft. It will take 250 grams. soft low-fat cottage cheese, one orange fruit, 100 ml cream 10%, a pinch of cinnamon, chopped walnuts. Persimmon peel, remove the bones, cut into arbitrary pieces. All components are placed in a blender, well punch. Arrange the dessert in molds, put in the refrigerator for one hour.
Product selection rules
Persimmon has an astringent property that not everyone likes. You can buy immature fruits and stand them in the freezer for 6-8 hours. Mature fruit should have a rich color, thin and smooth skin, dry circular stripes on the skin, soft texture, dried fruit leaves. The rind of the fruit should not be damaged.
Persimmon is not a true diabetic product, but the fruit has many beneficial qualities and a healthy composition. The use of persimmon in diabetes mellitus is allowed, but subject to certain rules:
- in small doses (for patients with the first type of the disease - 1/3 of the fetus, for patients with the second type of pathology - ½),
- in combination with protein foods or after meals,
- only in the compensated stage of diabetes,
- under strict control of sugar indicators.
The main condition for the presence of fruit in the diet - the permission of the attending physician.