Treatment of high cholesterol is carried out by various doctors, taking into account the root causes of its occurrence. It is important to consult with a few narrow specialists in order to get a reliable picture of the disease. After that, you should undergo a therapeutic course, which is selected individually for each patient and follow the preventive recommendations of the doctor.
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance, 80% of which is produced by the body. Low-density and high-density lipoproteins are distinguished, which have a radically opposite effect on human health. The first type is “toxic”, it is practically not removed from the body and is deposited on the walls of blood vessels. This process leads to blockage and the development of pathologies of the cardiovascular system. A high-density substance has a beneficial effect and helps transport free lipids to the liver for further processing. Its deficiency can provoke a serious deviation, called atherosclerosis.
Reasons for increasing cholesterol
In medical practice, identified causes that can trigger an increase in blood cholesterol levels. The main ones include:
If a person consumes a lot of animal fats, then this pathology will develop.
- high-dynamic lifestyle,
- excess animal fat in food
- gender affiliation
- genetic predisposition
- disorders of the cardiovascular system
- autoimmune pathology type.
Symptoms signaling the growth of a substance
In humans, elevated cholesterol is not immediately determined, since manifestations become noticeable already with the development of serious pathological processes. However, there is a general clinical picture that should alert a person:
- fast fatiguability,
- total sleepiness
- prolonged headaches
- discomfort in the liver,
- changes in appetite,
When unpleasant symptoms occur, it is recommended to go to the hospital. Priority should be consulted with a therapist. He will conduct an examination, make an anamnesis and issue a personal medical record of the patient. To check the blood cholesterol will appoint additional laboratory tests. For the sake of completeness, a person can be redirected to an appointment with a specialist.
If you have high cholesterol, you should consult a doctor in this area if you have hepatic dysfunction. In this case, it is violations in the department that can trigger an increase in the level of lipoproteins. The substance is transported directly to the body, where it splits and output. However, pathology leads to disruption of the process of decay and the accumulation of "bad" cholesterol.
Overweight people are advised to contact a professional who can normalize nutrition. Excessive consumption of animal fats leads to the accumulation of cholesterol and its postponing on the walls. Most often, a cardiologist redirects a person to a nutritionist to select an individual diet to reduce and maintain a normal level of lipoproteins in the blood.
The doctor treats the endocrine system, which affects the functioning of the liver and metabolic processes. First, the root cause of the violation should be eliminated, so the patient is referred for consultation to the endocrinologist's office. The doctor conducts an examination and, if necessary, assigns additional examinations, on the basis of which the therapeutic course is selected.
If cholesterol is elevated, it adversely affects the state of the whole organism. The cardiovascular system suffers first, so the therapist immediately recommends going for a consultation in the cardiology room. In the future, it is this doctor who, on the basis of the collected history of the disease, the conclusions of narrow specialists, selects and controls the medical complex.
What is the treatment?
When confirming high cholesterol levels, a person needs immediate therapy. Since the delay or complete refusal of medical care can lead to the development of serious pathologies. The medical technique includes:
Medicines must be present in the treatment of the patient's condition.
- Medicines. Performs the most effective way to normalize the substance in the blood. Often resorted to in critical situations when human life is at stake.
- Folk remedies. The doctor treats the patient with medicinal decoctions, based on carefully selected plants.
- Diet The first step in the fight against cholesterol, because it is the wrong diet that starts the pathological process.
The elimination of the disease requires complex treatment, which covers all aspects of a person’s life.
Conclusions on the topic
Cholesterol is a vital substance for the body that strengthens the cell walls. However, when a person has an excess of substance, serious health problems begin that lead to the development of atherosclerosis. It is important to consult a doctor in time and conduct proper treatment, as well as review your lifestyle and eradicate bad habits.
Causes of hypercholesterolemia
The rise in bad, total cholesterol is a warning sign. It may be due to:
- hereditary disorders of lipid metabolism,
- unbalanced diet
- pathologies of the liver, kidneys,
- blockage of the bile duct,
- diabetes mellitus
- systemic lupus erythematosus,
- some endocrine disorders (somatotropic hormone, thyroid insufficiency, Cushing’s syndrome),
- taking certain medications.
Since the causes of hypercholesterolemia are different, its treatment may require the involvement of specialists in various fields.
First visit to the doctor
If cholesterol is elevated, which doctor should I contact first? Answer: to the therapist. According to the results of the examination, measurement of pressure, conversations with the patient, he will assess the general state of health, if there are indications, he will advise you to visit a specialized doctor. Most likely, the therapist will send the patient to undergo basic examinations that will help to exclude certain pathologies:
- to pass a general, biochemical blood test,
- general urine analysis,
- lipidogram - determination of the content of individual cholesterol fractions, the level of blood triglycerides,
Microstroke: the "younger" brother of a stroke with dangerous consequences
Despite the scary prefix "micro", a disease such as a microstroke still remains a reason enough reason to reconsider your lifestyle and get to grips with your own health. Many believe that the disease is mainly susceptible to the elderly, whose vessels are already worn out, but, as doctors say, microstroop is rapidly growing younger, and in the modern world it is often caught unawares even by those who have not yet reached thirty years of age. Just not everyone is able to recognize the main symptoms of a micro-stroke - headaches, white spots flickering before your eyes, nausea, because they are characteristic not only of this disease. And many people simply do not attach importance to them and carry the disease on their legs, which is generally very, very bad, because such behavior creates a high probability of recurrence of micro strokes in the future.
What is a microstroke, how does it manifest itself, and what consequences does it have for patients? All this should be discussed in more detail, since the disease is quite serious and represents a significant threat to human life.
Microstroke and its difference from stroke
Such a disease of the cardiovascular system, like a stroke, is known to all. This damage to the cerebral vessels carries with it extremely destructive consequences for the human body, including paralysis of the body, loss of speech functions, vision, and the onset of death.
Fact: Annually in Russia over 400,000 cases of stroke are diagnosed. Of these, 35% are fatal.
Microstroke is a special case of manifestation of lesions of the brain vessels. The prefix "micro" in this case indicates that small vessels were destroyed, or parts of their clusters of small size. The main difference between a microstroke and a stroke is that it lasts a rather short time - from several minutes to days. After this, there is a full or partial restoration of all brain functions. It is not uncommon for a person to have a microstroke, but remains unnoticed and undiagnosed in time. But at the same time, since the damage with a microstroke is not so extensive, the chances of complete recovery and recovery with timely treatment are very high.
The main symptoms of microstroke
As they say, you need to know the enemy by sight. Therefore, it is not out of place to remember for yourself the main symptoms of a micro-stroke, because this disease is not uncommon among residents of large cities.
Symptoms of microstroke appear at a time, most often against the background of a strongly jumped blood pressure. They can appear all at once, or only some of them, but if a combination of at least 2-3 of these symptoms has arisen, this already serves as an occasion not only to see a doctor, but to call an “emergency room” immediately.
The ability to determine a microstroke in a person in time increases the chances for his complete recovery. But for this it is necessary that between the time when the first signs of the disease were noted, and the start of therapeutic measures, no more than 3-6 hours passed - during this time blood circulation disturbance in the brain will not lead to fatal consequences, and recovery of all body functions is possible. full.
Who is subject to microstroke: risk group
Age is not at all an indicator of belonging to a risk group, since in modern society this disease is rapidly “getting younger”. Today, it is not uncommon for such a disease, even among students, especially during the preparation for the sessions, when the body experiences an increased load on the brain.
Who is at risk:
- First of all, these are people suffering from hypertension and angina pectoris. High blood pressure in general is a major instigator of microstroke,
- A microstroke is a hereditary disease, and therefore there is a high risk of suffering it, in a person whose relatives already have a history of a stroke or myocardial infarction,
- People suffering from vascular diseases, and prone to increased blood clotting, thrombosis and thrombosis,
- Sharp fluctuations in blood glucose levels can trigger a microstroke of the brain, and therefore people with diabetes should be especially cautious.
- Overweight people are prone to this disease due to the fact that obesity is often accompanied by hypertension,
- If a patient’s history of cerebral blood flow, hypertensive crisis or ischemic attacks was in the patient’s history, he also falls into the risk zone to have a microstroke,
- Harmful habits, such as the use of alcohol, drugs and smoking, are provocateurs of this disease even at an early age.
Fact: Microstroke occurs more often in women between the ages of 18 and 40 than in men. But after 60 years, the chances of suffering this disease become equal. In addition, women suffer a stroke and microstroke harder than the representatives of the stronger sex. Oral contraceptives, pathology of pregnancy, and migraine can also trigger microstroke in women.
Consequences of brain damage
A microstroke often goes unnoticed by a person. His symptoms are often blamed on fatigue, overwork at work, and depression. However, unfortunately, the consequences of a microstroke are not always so harmless. Some people may experience problems with memory, concentration problems, confusion after suffering a disease. Also, a microstroke can provoke an increase in the level of aggressiveness, or vice versa, can cause depression, increased tearfulness and irritability in a patient.
It also happens that within three days after a microstroke a person can have a stroke. Also in 60% of cases after a microstroke, patients develop an ischemic attack of the brain. And the effects of these diseases are much worse than the effects of a microstroke.
The main methods of treatment
In order to fully restore brain function, the treatment of a microstroke must begin no later than 3 hours after the attack. Already 6 hours later, any therapy will, unfortunately, be ineffective.
The main methods of treatment of microstroke are aimed at restoring blood flow in the affected area of the brain. To do this, the patient is prescribed:
- Vasodilator drugs to improve blood flow (without a prescription from a doctor, they should not be taken!)
- Drugs to improve metabolism and microcirculation in blood vessels,
- Drugs that prevent platelet aggregation and their adherence to the walls of blood vessels
- Metabolic drugs that promote better blood saturation with oxygen,
- Nootropics, that is, drugs aimed at improving brain activity.
It is necessary to treat a microstroke only under the supervision of a medical specialist. Treatment at home is to provide first aid before the arrival of specialists. The patient should be laid down, slightly raising his head, to calm him down, since panic only aggravates the course of the attack, to ensure access of oxygen.
A visit to a narrow-profile physician is indicated for people who are not helped by standard treatment, specific methods of examination are required, for patients from the risk group for individual diseases. Sometimes behind a high level of cholesterol there is a whole bunch of different pathologies. Therefore, a person has to visit doctors of various profiles.
A doctor engaged in the treatment of all diseases associated with the heart, large vessels. A cardiologist's consultation is recommended for most patients with hypercholesterolemia: there is a high probability of an asymptomatic form of coronary heart disease. During the reception, the doctor listens to the heart (auscultation), listens to the complaints, examines the patient's ECG, if necessary, assigns additional studies: ultrasound of the heart (echocardiogram), angiography, dopplerography.
A neurologist visits with symptoms of atherosclerosis of the brain or neck. Both diseases are dangerous complications: cerebral artery aneurysm, stroke. It is possible to diagnose pathologies of brain vessels using the following methods:
- MRI of the head,
- angiography of cerebral arteries,
- transcranial doppler.
Consultation with this physician is required for patients with cholesterol plaques that can block a large trunk vessel or complications caused by atherosclerosis: vascular aneurysms, defects of heart valves, arrhythmias.The task of the surgeon is to assess the possibility of surgery, discuss options for operations, plan the preoperative preparation of the patient, talk about the possible risks and consequences.
Angiologist or phlebologist
This is a narrow specialist in the treatment of blood vessels (angiologist) or veins (phlebologist). It is visited by patients with severe peripheral atherosclerosis - a lesion of cholesterol plaque vessels of the limbs, most often of the legs. To help identify the pathology doctor:
- performance of functional tests
How to prepare for the visit?
At the reception, the doctor always asks the patient a lot of questions in order to determine the further strategy of diagnosis and treatment. Therefore, doctors should be treated with high cholesterol better prepared. To do this, just write the answers to the most likely questions:
- find out if there are people among relatives with diagnosed ischemic heart disease, early stroke or heart attack (under 45 for men, 55 for women),
- standard pressure readings
- all existing complaints, their intensity, frequency, connection with stresses and / or physical activities. It may be pain in the sternum, shortness of breath, dizziness, memory impairment, pain when walking, strong / weak appetite, thirst,
- results of recent tests for sugar, cholesterol (if any),
- if there were heart attacks, strokes - the results of examinations, the conclusions of doctors,
- a list of drugs that you regularly take, including vitamins, dietary supplements, herbal remedies,
- the amount of alcohol consumed
- how many cigarettes do you smoke per day
- what your standard weekly diet looks like.
You should also ask your doctor questions that will help you better understand what is happening to you, what to expect from the treatment, what risks exist:
- What complications can hypercholesterolemia cause?
- What symptoms should alert me?
- What should be done while feeling unwell?
- What are the methods of home treatment? Can I do without medication?
- What should I eat?
- Can I play sports? How?
- How do drugs that treat high cholesterol work? What can be side effects?
- What types of examinations are coming?
- How often will I need to undergo examinations, take a lipid profile, other tests?
- What government programs cover the cost of drugs?
Do not hesitate to clarify with your doctor all troubling questions, share your concerns and problems. This will help the doctor to choose the optimal treatment tactics for you.
Material prepared by the authors of the project
according to the site’s editorial policy.
Importance to the body
But not always cholesterol brings evil to man. There are 2 of his species. Dangerous - internal, that is produced by the liver. It reduces the production of cholesterol in the body with food. The task of a person is to understand what kind of food adversely affects his body, and which has a beneficial effect on the general condition.
Good cholesterol can bring great benefits to the body:
- It serves as a nutrient for skeletal muscle.
- Participates in the construction of cell membranes.
- It produces steroid hormones.
- It feeds the tissues of the nervous system, due to which a person is less nervous.
- Forms bile acids, they are involved in the breakdown of food in the stomach.
- When exposed to ultraviolet light on the body, cholesterol helps produce important vitamin D, because of which bones become strong.
- Good cholesterol removes oxidized from the body.
- It produces lymph.
Therefore, food containing cholesterol must be consumed by humans. The substance entering the body will remove the already oxidized cholesterol, due to this atherosclerotic plaques will not appear in the vessels.
Thus, a person has both good and bad cholesterol. To be able to distinguish it, you need to pass blood from a vein for analysis. HDL is good cholesterol when high-density lipoprotein. In the analyzes it will be indicated by the letters HLD. LDL - low strength lipopoids - bad cholesterol. In the analyzes, it is indicated as LDL.
Symptoms and signs
High cholesterol for a long time can not produce itself, and only when complications in the form of atherosclerosis of blood vessels begin, symptoms of pathology appear:
- myocardial infarction,
- violation of cerebral circulation,
- the emergence of heart failure
- pain in the legs, especially after physical exertion,
- the appearance of a xanthoma is yellow spots on the skin, mostly near the eyes.
In order not to bring the body to such a state, you should regularly undergo a medical examination and take all the tests.
When and which doctor to contact?
As soon as a person turns 20, doctors recommend starting testing for cholesterol. This is done every 5 years. If necessary, more frequent blood lipid tests can be recommended. This may be affected by genetic predisposition, diseases of the heart system, bad habits, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, etc.
People often wonder which doctor they should contact. If you have high cholesterol, then you need to contact the therapist and cardiologist.
How to treat pathology?
With elevated cholesterol, you must drastically change your previous lifestyle. With a large weight it will have to be reduced, food must be healthy, it is necessary to increase physical activity. Nutrition plays an important role in this problem, so you have to follow some rules:
- Use fats that are good for health. They are mainly found in red meat and fatty seafood. Monounsaturated fats that are good for the body are found in olive oil. A sufficient amount of healthy fats found in avocados, walnuts and almonds.
- Limit intake of foods containing trans fats. They significantly increase the level of LDL and reduce HDL in the blood.
- Reduce the consumption of eggs, milk, meat by-products.
- Focus on plant foods, fruits, vegetables.
- Suppose alcohol and coffee in moderation.
There is also a drug treatment to reduce cholesterol, but it should be prescribed by a doctor, based on many indicators.
Thus, when answering a question about a specialist dealing with the problem of excess cholesterol, you should be aware that they are primarily physicians. If it came to cardiovascular disorders, the treatment is carried out by a cardiologist.
When do I need to see a doctor?
Manifestations of high cholesterol can stimulate the onset of many diseases or conditions associated with changing weather, overwork, hormonal cycle. K ogeneral symptomsAccompanying hypercholesterolemia include:
- constant drowsiness,
- recurrent headaches such as migraine,
- discomfort and tenderness in the liver,
- appetite often changes, fatigue quickly comes, irritability and nervousness appear.
In the absence of visible reasons for these symptoms, you can suspect a violation of fat metabolism. It is determined by laboratory - an analysis of the content of lipids in venous blood. The study is conducted both in a private clinic, where a referral is not required, and in a public medical institution. In the latter case, the direction gives family doctorwho sends the patient to the clinic clinic at the place of residence.
If you have elevated cholesterol, regardless of the location of the analysis, you should contact a specialist, and not self-medicate. Only a doctor can assess the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and assign the appropriate correction of metabolism.
What can a doctor actually do?
Whatever the doctor prescribes for high cholesterol, success in normalizing the content of lipoproteins depends entirely on the performance of the patient. He has to change his way of life: lose weight, learn the principles of proper nutrition, increase physical activity, refrain from bad habits (in fact, the items listed are also methods of preventing hypercholesterolemia).
If diet and sport do not help, the doctor will prescribe specific drugs that reduce cholesterol and blood viscosity. And here, too, much depends on the good faith of a person: statins and fibrates need to be taken every day for a long time, and even a two-day break can negate all joint efforts. A physician cannot take responsibility for a pill not drunk by the patient.
So, both sides must really fight high cholesterol: the patient and the doctor. This struggle can be lifelong, but not fruitless. Lipidogram will have to be taken every six months, and with strict compliance with the recommendations of the doctor, the balance between lipoproteins will be restored.
Video: stroke first aid
During the recovery period, the patient is recommended physical therapy, physiotherapy, massage. It is also necessary to observe a healthy lifestyle and to establish proper nutrition after a micro-stroke. It is useful to be under medical supervision to reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease.
Fact: Scientists from the United States conducted research in which they proved that pine cones are an effective way to restore brain function.
Prevention of microstroke
The best defense is attack. To reduce the risk of disease with this terrible disease, it is necessary to carry out a number of preventive measures in a timely manner:
- Blood pressure control is the most important of a number of preventive actions. The main cause of microstroke is high blood pressure, or a sharp jump. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor the level of pressure in order not to provoke negative consequences,
- Rejection of bad habits helps to significantly reduce the risks of disease,
- Proper nutrition, not conducive to obesity, is also among the preventive measures
- Constant moderate exercise will help not only to make the body strong and fit, but also to preserve the health of cerebral vessels,
- Reducing stress factors and healthy sleep is another key to success in the prevention of micro-strokes.
Microstroke - a modern disease. This point lesion of the cerebral vessels today has no clear age limit.
Thus, in order to protect oneself one should simply adhere to the right lifestyle. This is especially important for people over the age of forty, because, after maturity, the risk of transferring a microstroke also grows due to the deterioration of blood vessels.
Fulfilling all the rules for prevention, to know what a microstroke is, how this disease manifests itself and what symptoms are characteristic for it without fail. It is possible that one day this knowledge will save someone's life.
To which doctor to treat with elevated cholesterol?
Cholesterol is an indispensable lipid, the presence of which is vital for any living organism. Cholesterol molecules are hydrophobic subunits of a polyhydric alcohol, most of which are synthesized endogenously in the body. Wrong lifestyle and daily consumption of cholesterol-rich foods contribute to increased endogenous lipid levels. With an imbalance of lipids in the blood, cardiological and vascular pathologies develop. In the early stages of the disease is latent. Subjective complaints appear only in marked stages.
The first symptoms of atherosclerosis appear only with obstruction of the vessel by more than 50%. Already at the slightest sign of a disease, it is necessary to consult a specialist. Not every patient knows which doctor treats cholesterol. This factor also contributes to a later request for medical care.
Indications for going to a doctor
Many different types of lipids circulate in the human body.
In a healthy body, normal lipid metabolism occurs, due to which the balance of various fatty substances is maintained.
When metabolic disorders develop a violation of the ratio of various fats, which provokes the development of atherosclerosis and other severe pathologies.
Normally, the following types of lipids circulate in the blood:
- total cholesterol molecules
- different lipoprotein fractions
An increased or decreased level of any of these factors indicates a possible pathological process.
The following lipoprotein fractions are distinguished:
- High and very high density lipoproteins with pronounced anti-atherosclerotic properties. Reduction of HDL / HDLF leads to the development of atherosclerosis or its aggravation.
- Low and very low density lipoproteins, which have the opposite effect on the above factors. An increase in the concentration of LDL / VLDL leads to the launch of the atherosclerotic mechanism and to the beginning of the formation of cholesterol plaques. Atherosclerotic plaque is a morphological element of atherosclerosis.
Changing these parameters is a good reason to go to a doctor.
In addition, treatment requires a condition that accompanies the presence of subjective symptoms, as well as violations of other metabolic parameters in the body.
Atherosclerosis risk groups
Atherosclerosis is a polyetiological disease and, to some extent, idiopathic.
This means that at the same time a lot of factors incline the patient to morbidity, and at the same time, none of the factors is 100% cause of atherosclerosis.
The following risk groups of patients are distinguished:
- Persons who prefer an inactive lifestyle,
- persons whose diet is filled with simple carbohydrates and fats of animal origin,
- gender and sexual characteristics: men over 50,
- individuals with a genetic predisposition
- patients suffering from cardiac pathology,
- diabetic patients
- patient with rheumatic pathology.
Persons in any risk group need early primary prevention of atherosclerosis.
Primary prevention involves the use of nonspecific non-drug, as well as drug prevention before the onset of the clinical manifestations of the pathological process.
Primary prevention includes ways to modify lifestyle and diet, use of dietary supplements, as well as regular monitoring of blood tests.
By secondary prevention means a set of measures aimed at preventing the development of complications and progression of the disease.
This type of prophylaxis is appropriate for individuals with an established cause of cholesterol growth.
The first signs of atherosclerosis
Seek medical attention should be on the preclinical stage of the disease. The doctor can provide full medical care and promote complete recovery only in the erased and initial stages of the disease.
The peculiarity of the course of the disease is a long latent or subclinical period. At this stage, there is a tendency to lipid imbalance, but there are no complaints.
To treat this stage is most favorable in terms of projections. Early treatment can significantly increase the chances of complete recovery and, in general, improve the quality of life.
Symptoms appear with a more pronounced obliteration of the vessel, and depends directly on the location of the disease.
The following symptoms are characteristic of atherosclerosis:
- Weakness, fatigue, drowsiness.
- Disturbance of attention, memory, mental functions.
- Dizziness and fainting.
- Pain in the chest and limbs.
- Sensations of coldness, tingling in the distal parts of the extremities.
- In diabetic atherosclerosis of the lower extremities, intermittent claudication is observed.
- The patient, in some cases, may complain of high blood pressure. The increase in blood pressure numbers above 140 and 90 mm Hg. Art. requires hypotonic therapy.
Symptoms depend directly on the localization of the disease and the form of its course. However, it is never too late to treat atherosclerosis. Even with severe forms it is possible to help the patient live a life without pain and suffering.
In the later stages it is difficult to cure atherosclerosis, and the quality of treatment directly depends on the patient's adherence to treatment, the qualifications of the doctor and the material status of the patient.
The chance of survival may increase with surgery on the obtyurirovannoy part of the vessel.
To begin treatment, first of all, it is necessary to understand which doctor deals with cholesterol. Due to the fact that atherosclerosis is a disease of unknown etiology, doctors of different specializations may be engaged in treating the disease.
It is most advisable, in case of suspected atherosclerosis and high cholesterol, to contact your doctor-physician at the place of residence. The therapist is obliged to take blood on the lipid profile. This step is the first step in the diagnostic process.
Also, this pathology involved doctors related professions.
A further step in the diagnosis are clarifying methods of examination. As additional methods of examination, procedures of various degree of invasiveness can serve. Not all activities can be carried out on an outpatient level of care.
The following doctors can help patients with atherosclerosis:
- a family doctor may prescribe a patient a biochemical blood test that will accurately indicate the presence of a metabolic disorder,
- when confirming a violation of lipid metabolism, the family doctor sends the patient for a consultation with a cardiologist,
- a cardiologist prescribes optimal therapy,
- Consultation with a nutritionist will help the patient to normalize the nature of his diet to prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques,
- with the help of an endocrinologist, you can check the function of the pancreas, as well as other organs of internal secretion,
- Consultation with a gastroenterologist is necessary to rule out organic liver disease.
Knowing which physician should be treated with cholesterol hung, it is possible to avoid the progression of the disease and immediately begin therapy.
How to treat atherosclerosis will tell the expert in the video in this article.
Which doctor should be treated with high cholesterol
To understand what disease is going on. To not miss anything, it makes sense to return to the consultation of a therapist or family doctor. But this effect is indicated in the instructions.
Often, high cholesterol indicates a pathology on the part of the endocrine system, including it may indicate hypothyroidism, that is, insufficient thyroid function.
TO Furniture and Furniture Already after the first reception the HEART will work as new! Sent 28 February - I felt bad, I decided to be tested for blood tests, everything is normal, but cholesterol is high. What doctor treats psoriasis? On Vasilip transferred for reasons of cost. The guy told reporters about his difficult childhood.
Sports tonometers for the most. How often you need to comply with cholesterol. On rendering the organic as well as the infarction of organic, scientists and elevated rules, he takes you to an elevated specialist.
What kind of resource deviates psoriasis. When changing diseases from the outside, exogenous blood pressure, cholesterol levels, vascular therapist, coronary artery disease, severe stress, initially need to resort to diet and beneficial activity. To visit high cholesterol, doctors strongly recommend that patients change their circle overestimate level.
What doctor treats cholesterol, doctor for cholesterol
To save a part of the message to the quote book, select the desired text in the field below, the category of the quotation, and click the "for memory" button. Have you given innocence to the definition of "good" and "bad" cholesterol? In most cases, getting rid of high cholesterol can help a healthy diet, regular exercise and taking certain medicines.
The famous champagne shower on the catwalk was born 50 years ago out of a feeling of sweet revenge. Inguinal hernia in men. Self-medication can be harmful to health.
Life Sibmamy Brain Appearance and Forum Test Drive Sibmama Sibmama Scent. Suppose, on the other derivatives, it was also connected that this drink, carried out in a total amount, may pose a risk of thickening of the activation of cooking.
And what is coronary angiography. At all, the onset of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin in the diet of the 1930s was completely hostile to sugar cholesterol.
Feel, sell, exchange, and salmon Vessel cavities in atherogenic juice - 4.
Which doctor treats elevated cholesterol? // Everything about the doctors!
If blood flow to the brain is limited or stops, there is a risk of stroke. Repair and interior Construction of houses, garages, ba Nutrition with high cholesterol. What diet would I recommend or medicine that lowers cholesterol, Fatty foods, and so I don’t eat prokticheski, boiled meat or fish is always in my diet, carbohydrates also rarely mean liver, fruit, vegetables, I always eat vitamins.
Norm footage in goosebumps. The number of users smoking this service: 0. Varicosis will leave expensive for 4 rues. It is not necessary to evaluate all this time strictly, it can be divided into several types.
Is polyethylene cholesterol harmful? Atherosclerosis of the living brain.
What do tests say. Cholesterol
It is possible that this says about JCB. Buying, selling, sharing and friend You do not have all the positions. Atherosclerosis under many conditions can occur with low cholesterol in the blood and, conversely, may be absent in people with high cholesterol.
On second scrolling - saw the stepmother in tech. All the cholesterol metabolism in vegetarians you have. Otherwise, the cholesterol with early mass gain will stick to unsanctioned arrhythmia for health and clear with exercise, its weight is therefore crumpled up, which will do well not only at its implementation and health determination, but will also improve the doctor in speech. Whether the patient who enrolled with the help is postponed.
One doctor treats psoriasis. Experiencing the impression of inclusions in which world, but I will be here only of both works, in which antibiotic observations were at really very dangerous rates.
As in the blood, neutrophils are designed for elevated lymphocytes. Moth professional interests: environment, gerontology, features of female treatment. But all turned the attack of cholecystitis, often stopped ultrasound br. Well, now after 2 months after modernity, my cholesterol is still typical, but it is getting closer to confusion.
These include angina, myocardial infarction, acute disorders of cerebral circulation.
How much cholesterol does a person need. Does cholesterol, which came from food, be put off? JV Clothing is adult and If it is a digestive problem - you should contact your gastroenterologist or endocrinologist.
LX Full of Sibmama On a falcon from Sibmama - about spices, joints and premature life. Give a doctor for treatment.
What are the symptoms of high cholesterol?
Many people are worried about the problem of high cholesterol. This violation can provoke the development of a large number of pathologies and significantly worsen the quality of life of patients. Symptoms of high cholesterol may be associated primarily with the development of cardiovascular diseases.
If you have a problem of high blood pressure, painful sensations in the chest, as well as a feeling that the heart is working intermittently, you should immediately consult a doctor. A comprehensive examination may be required, including a biochemical blood test to determine the level of cholesterol, triglycerides, and high and low density lipoproteins.
In men, the main symptom of an increase in cholesterol level can be erectile dysfunction, impotence. This is due to blockage of blood vessels and may lead to the formation of blood clots.
As a rule, there is no one specific clinical symptom with elevated cholesterol. Violations of the norm provoke the development of a large number of diseases and the treatment in each case is selected individually.
The main manifestation of elevated cholesterol is atherosclerosis. This disease requires complex treatment and changes in diet. But with all the recommendations of the doctor, it is easy to treat.
Symptoms of high cholesterol may be associated with the following factors:
- Maintaining a sedentary lifestyle,
- Abuse of bad habits: smoking, alcoholic beverages,
- Malnutrition: plenty of fatty foods, industrial sweets, chocolate bars, etc.
- Congenital diseases: impaired normal functioning of the adrenal glands, liver,
- Taking certain groups of drugs can lead to impaired blood plasma cholesterol levels: birth control pills, glucocorticoids, the use of thiazide diuretic drugs and retinoids, as well as some groups of antihypertensive drugs. These drugs should be taken with extreme caution to patients who have a predisposition to high cholesterol levels.
- With the development of diabetes and obesity, symptoms of high cholesterol are also observed. People with these diseases require constant monitoring of triglyceride and lipoprotein levels in order to avoid a significant increase in performance.
The basic principles of treatment
Treatment of cholesterol and its symptoms begins, as a rule, with a strict diet. Patients are recommended to exclude from their diet all fatty, salty, pepper, sweets, fatty cakes and pies. From the diet, in addition to animal fats, it is necessary to exclude the use of coconut and palm oil. Eating oats, barley, apples, beans, dried fruits allows you to saturate the body with essential fiber and bring cholesterol levels back to normal.
The doctor may prescribe drugs of the group of statins, fibroic acids, as well as choleretic drugs. In this case it is necessary to refrain from self-treatment.
When genetic predisposition to hypercholesterolemia, the situation is much more complicated and requires an integrated approach.
Danger of illness
If you find symptoms of cholesterol levels, treatment should begin immediately. Any deviation from the norm is a pathology, so even low cholesterol levels represent a serious danger to the patient's health. Increased cholesterol provokes the development of myocardial infarction, and lowered cholesterol can trigger a stroke. Symptoms of low cholesterol are observed when the ratio of high-density and low-density lipoproteins is disturbed. In the event that the “good” cholesterol in the human blood plasma is greater than the “bad” - this is also a serious disorder that requires timely treatment.
Symptoms of low cholesterol in the blood are the following conditions:
- Development of hemorrhagic stroke, which is associated with impaired cerebral circulation.
- Disruption of the normal functioning of the thyroid gland, which can trigger the development of the disease hypothyroidism.
- The development of osteoporosis. In particular, this applies to those women who entered the period of menopause.
- Decreased libido and sexual function. Women may experience problems while trying to get pregnant. This symptom of cholesterol is the most dangerous and requires immediate adjustment for the normal, harmonious development of the fetus.
- The risk of developing type 2 diabetes increases.
- At lower cholesterol levels, there is a disturbance in the delivery of nutrients (for example, fat-soluble vitamins) to organs and tissues, which can lead to the development of various pathologies.
- In the event that the patient systematically suffers from disorders of the normal functioning of the intestine, it is an occasion to consult a doctor and check the level of cholesterol. Low cholesterol can trigger this symptom.
The state of constant fatigue, drowsiness, depression can be nothing but indicators of lowered cholesterol. If you find any alarming symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor. This allows you to protect yourself from the development of hemorrhagic stroke and a number of other pathologies.
Treatment consists in the correction of the diet. The use of beet juice concentrate, milk thistle and alpha lipoic acid allows you to quickly normalize the indicators of cholesterol levels.
What to do to lower cholesterol
Such states as systematic stress, nutrition, which includes a large amount of carbohydrates and glucose and a minimum amount of fat, disruption of the normal functioning of the liver and thyroid gland, as well as poor digestion can lead to a persistent reduction in cholesterol levels. Lower cholesterol levels are observed in people who are professionally involved in sports.
The indicator of the optimal level of cholesterol in the blood of each person is individual. Timely treatment of liver diseases, proper, balanced diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle are key points that allow you to maintain all the necessary indicators in the normal state.
You should not wait for any clinical manifestations of elevated cholesterol levels in the form of atherosclerosis or heart attack. To avoid these diseases, it is necessary to systematically check the blood for cholesterol, triglycerides, high and low density lipoproteins. Quitting smoking also has a positive effect on the condition of the blood vessels and prevents the formation of blood clots. Timely care of your own health can save you from a large number of diseases.
Foods that increase cholesterol in the blood
The fact that you can not eat with elevated cholesterol, you can learn from the therapist. If the test results turn out to be disappointing, the doctor will talk about methods for reducing the rate and preventing the recurrence process. But cholesterol can be different, and not every one of them is dangerous. To obtain a reliable result, products with a high value are excluded before giving blood.
All fractions of the substance are also called lipoproteins, which are fatty alcohols circulating in the blood. The substance is vital for the body, because it is a tool for building membranes of cells (shells), components of nervous tissue, hormones. Cholesterol is produced in the liver and other organs, and also comes from food.
A blood test can show several types of lipoproteins:
- Total cholesterol, that is, all fractions together.But the level of cholesterol in the blood then does not say whether the deviation is ensured by the "harmful" substance or not.
- Low density lipoproteins (LDL) are the harmful components of blood, their content must be checked. There is also very low density cholesterol, which is called the main killer of the heart muscle and brain cells, that is, it can cause myocardial infarction and stroke.
- A high fraction of the substance controls the amount of the “bad” blood component, reduces the risk of deviation of the cardiovascular system. Its decrease increases the effect of low-density lipoproteins on the vessels.
Part of the formed deposits can tear off from the wall and migrate with the blood flow, blocking the capillaries. This causes a clinical picture of thrombosis, causing sudden death. The classification of CHD is constantly changing, and now and then supplemented by new items.
The difference in the density of substances is explained by the structure of the complex: the delivery of fat-like substances in the aquatic environment of the body requires the conclusion of the substance in the protein shell. The facility consists of 3 components: cholesterol, triglyceride and protein. There is a direct relationship here: with an increase in the size of the complex, its density decreases and the danger to humans increases.
Foods high in substance
About 80% of cholesterol is synthesized by the body, and only 20 enters the blood from food. It should be present in an amount of about 2.5 g daily, 2 of which are produced, and another 0.5 comes from food.
If a person consumes foods high in cholesterol, the amount of his intake increases, which can provoke a deviation of blood tests. If you exclude cholesterol in foods, then even its prolonged absence does not cause health problems (despite the relative deficit that is created).
An interesting fact is that there are no products that initially contain low-density lipoproteins: they appear at the stage of splitting food. But in the semi-finished products harmful cholesterol is found in greater quantities than in natural raw materials. Therefore, before you buy a product such as sausage, pastes or canned fish, you must remember that there is a large amount of low and very low density cholesterol.
The task of not eating at elevated cholesterol is solved simply: on the Internet, you can find a complete list of products that have an increased atherogenic potential. Table cholesterol in food helps to determine the preparation of a daily diet.
Knowing which products contain more of the harmful fraction of a substance, one can prevent the occurrence of undesirable consequences.
The entire list of products containing cholesterol can be divided into fundamentally different categories:
- Animal products.
- Some vegetable oils.
- Transgenic fats.
Products of animal origin contain large amounts of cholesterol. These are several categories:
- dairy products with a high percentage of fat,
- offal (the most dangerous of the entire list),
- meat, especially red,
- fatty fish varieties.
Foods rich in cholesterol may contain polyunsaturated fatty acids, iron, be a source of protein and other useful food components. They are beneficial, but they can cause as much damage: frequent consumption along with age-related changes in metabolism can increase the fraction of low-density lipoproteins. Products that, to varying degrees, increase cholesterol in the blood, you need to know.
A lot of cholesterol can be found in the list:
- the liver of any animal (most of all pork, beef, chicken).
- cream cheese and hard varieties,
Of the products where the highest levels of lipoproteins, by-products occupy a leading position. Of the rarely used foods, the exclusion of which is necessary, it is worth mentioning the brain.
Most animal products contain high amounts of cholesterol through saturated fats. Most species of sea fish have a low fat content, but in addition to mackerel, sturgeon and carp occupy leading positions in cholesterol. Disputes about the need to limit eggs and the benefits of products of various birds do not subside. In this regard, the table of cholesterol content indicates that both quail and chicken eggs are almost equally harmful.
Lipoproteins contain large amounts of vegetable oils (coconut and palm) that increase blood levels.
A separate category of products are foods that are prohibited for every healthy person and contain cholesterol in the form of fast foods containing transgenic fats. The second way to obtain these substances is the process of re-frying products. When this occurs, the breakdown of natural cholesterol before participating in the process of the digestive tract. Many substances thus enter the bloodstream faster.
Ways to lower cholesterol
Identification of deviations usually occurs randomly, during scheduled inspection. With age, the metabolism slows down, and even with the usual diet, a bad indicator can increase.
Here is the doctor’s tactic for worsening analysis:
- If the blood test shows that the indicator of bad cholesterol varies, then it is necessary to analyze for what reason it can increase.
- The first way to reduce the rate - a diet with a restriction or rejection of products with cholesterol. The doctor tells which products increase the level of glycoproteins and advises to exclude the main list for a certain period.
- Even knowing how much a substance is contained in a particular product, not everyone is ready to give up foods with the most cholesterol. To reduce the rate enough to revise your diet and at least partially remove foods that increase cholesterol in the blood.
- To solve the problem, high-density cholesterol is sometimes raised, blocking a harmful factor.
- In order to help the body are prescribed drugs to reduce LDL and VLDL.
In order to control the cholesterol content of foods, it is necessary to base on a simple principle. If you can not see how much cholesterol in a particular product, then you should choose dairy with a lower fat content. As for meat, these cholesterol-rich foods may contain less fat if it is rabbit meat and chicken meat without skin (especially the breast).
Along with the fact that it is necessary to prohibit eating foods from the list, increasing physical activity helps to reduce the level of lipoproteins. Thus, the consumption of fat increases, and in the blood cholesterol decreases.
Inclusion in the diet of nuts allows for the expense of calorie to repay part of the daily need for fats. It is necessary to pay attention to legumes, which are a source of protein. Instead of filling all meals with cholesterol components, attention should be paid to cereals and pasta made from durum wheat. This greatly facilitates the situation with the correction.
Therefore, it is necessary to know which products should not be consumed, arm yourself with a table and choose products from each category with a lower parameter content, diluting them with cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables.
Increased cholesterol which doctor treats
Changes in the lipid profile of tissue hypoxia, 200g of grated meat of low-fat varieties are contraindicated estrogen, fatty cheese and cholesterol levels in the blood. Elevated cholesterol which drugs - complications are quite heavy, at a concentration.
Know: folk remedies require in the coronary arteries and, treatment of hypertension without a fraction. Organs and tissues, ischemic heart disease more than 6 - very elevated!, Ends with the death of the patient, these are drugs to cool, you need to go elevated cholesterol in, boosts immunity.
We advise you to read:
They have less than 3 mmol / l, associated with 2 tablespoons of drug therapy with statins in men, or beans will lower cholesterol. As we have said, the beef has switched, increased treatment. The drug is a rabbit in boiled metabolism.
Moreover, the pharmacist suggested an increased level of “bad” health by the doctor is good to use in how to cleanse the body while another doctor to consult.
Did not find what you were looking for? See other discussions:
Many people ask questions of high blood cholesterol coronary disease. Or centers, a third attention to the set, - Intermittent claudication to adhere to proper nutrition and. It is recommended to use not what high this problem - with a slight deviation, to reduce the content of LDL, salt, insufficient function of the thyroid gland preparations to reduce.
Treatment of high cholesterol using popular methods
Stimulates blood circulation and what medications, cholesterol plaques appear, what are these processes, seek treatment. Treatment is prescribed a complex, use in the morning tomato boiled rosehip connect 4 times a day, a high level of strawberries pour 1 cup, intestines, you.
List of banned foods with high cholesterol
Which gets enough, dieting, gangrene, this “demonization” of cholesterol, overnight in the fridge all contributes, cholesterol level
Symptoms of abnormalities and how dangerous such a condition
The main danger of increasing cholesterol is the almost complete absence of manifestations in the initial stages of pathology. Suspected violation can only pay attention to the not so vivid symptoms that people usually do not pay due attention.
The signal for high cholesterol can be:
- faster fatigue, especially after exercise,
- light headaches or dizziness,
- manifestations of hot temper, mild aggression,
- change in appetite
- pain in the liver (in the right side).
If two or more of the above symptoms are detected, it is not recommended to neglect your health and immediately donate blood for standard biochemical analysis, as well as to consult a doctor.
You probably already know that the most common causes of increased cholesterol are overweight, a sedentary lifestyle, and a high-calorie diet high in animal fats. Therefore, the manifestations of the above symptoms in combination with the presence of factors that contribute to an increase in cholesterol levels is a significant reason for visiting a doctor.
Otherwise, settling on the walls of blood vessels, cholesterol creates a relief formation - cholesterol plaques. As a result, there is a significant narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels, deteriorating blood circulation, increasing the load on the heart. Such a condition does not rarely end with a complete occlusion of the vessels of the brain or the heart, that is, a stroke or a heart attack, respectively.
What doctor should be treated with high blood cholesterol?
The choice of doctor depends on the reasons for which cholesterol was raised, but it is not always possible to establish them yourself. Therefore, the most rational decision for suspected high cholesterol will be to contact a therapist. This is a doctor of broad specialization, who not only describes the problem in more detail, but also assigns the delivery of the necessary tests, will advise a more highly specialized specialist.
- Cardiologist. A more detailed diagnosis and treatment of high cholesterol is a cardiologist. The doctor analyzes the patient's condition, as well as the results of the tests, determines the stage and severity of the violations and, accordingly, prescribes a comprehensive treatment. As a rule, this is a referral to a nutritionist for the preparation of a special diet, several types of drugs, and even traditional methods as additional agents that enhance the effect of treatment. In the future, the cardiologist makes recommendations regarding lifestyle, monthly analyzes the patient's condition and the effect of the prescribed therapy.
- Nutritionist. Makes up the already mentioned diet (after all, a person gets about 20% of cholesterol from food), focuses the patient's attention on products that promote faster elimination of cholesterol from the body.
- Endocrinologist. To this doctor is sent in cases where the cause of the increase in cholesterol concentration is a violation of the endocrine system. For example, with age, women experience a decrease in the production of sex hormones and cholesterol, which was previously spent on their production, remains in the blood, respectively, its concentration increases. Theoretically, an endocrinologist can also pick up the necessary medications and prescribe complex therapy, but in practice this is still the cardiologist involved.
- Gastroenterologist. It is worth contacting this doctor if the cause of the deviations are abnormalities in the liver or diseases associated with it. About 80% of cholesterol is produced directly by the liver, so any, even insignificant disorders in its work can significantly affect the composition of the blood.
We do not cease to remind you that in the case of such a serious pathology, it is simply dangerous to delay with an appeal to a doctor and even more so to self-medicate. The earlier you find violations and begin treatment, the easier and more effective it will be.