From the article you will find out what are the signs of a lack of chromium in the body, why it can occur, why this element is so important for people with high sugar levels, what products can provide the body with chromium. What drugs with this element will help with diabetes.
The effect of chromium (Cr) on the human body has been studied for a long time. Back in 1950, scientists confirmed that without it, intolerance to animals and people began to sugar intolerance. By their experiments, Schwartz and Merz proved that adding foods with chromium to the diet to normalize blood sugar is very effective. Therefore, Cr must be taken with diabetes, selecting products containing this element or using dietary supplements.
How does this element affect the body
It helps insulin transport sugar from the blood into body tissues. Moreover, a deficiency of Cr, even in healthy people, causes a condition similar to diabetes. Pregnancy and some heart diseases lead to a decrease in the level of this element in the body.
Its lack in the body provokes a slowdown in fat metabolism, so a person can dramatically gain weight. Therefore, with type 2 diabetes, this element is necessary. By maintaining its desired level in the body, diabetes complications can be avoided. If the menu of an overweight person constantly contains products with chromium to normalize sugar, then the risk of diabetes is minimal.
This element preserves the structures of RNA and DNA responsible for genetic heredity. Chromium is needed for the healthy growth of body tissues and for their regeneration.
It supports the functioning of the thyroid gland, and can also compensate for iodine deficiency in the body.
It regulates lipid metabolism, removes excess cholesterol. Therefore, people with atherosclerosis or cardiovascular diseases need a diet containing foods with Cr.
It helps with type 2 diabetes to maintain normal weight by accelerating carbohydrate metabolism and processing of fats. It is needed to prevent osteoporosis, helping to strengthen bones. It lowers blood pressure during hypertension, cleanses the body of toxins, salts of heavy metals.
How is the lack of this element in the body
With a lack of it, the following symptoms occur:
- fast fatiguability,
- growth retardation in children,
- sugar intolerance - a condition of borderline diabetes,
- excess weight,
- decreased limb sensitivity
- impaired coordination of movements,
- trembling fingers
- frequent headaches
- impaired reproductive function in men,
- weight change in any direction: sudden weight loss or gain in weight,
- excess cholesterol.
Drugs with this element should be prescribed by a doctor. He will pick up dietary supplements and a dose in the range of 100-200 mcg per day.
The use of drugs in excess of the recommended norm can cause skin rashes, renal failure, and even gastric ulcer.
The negative effects of excess chromium
This condition develops in people working in production with a large amount of Cr in the air. An excess of this element can appear in a person with a lack of zinc and iron in the body, as well as when taking chromium preparations without a doctor's prescription.
Excessive Cr content causes allergies, dermatitis. There is a risk of developing cancer cells. Therefore, without a doctor’s recommendation, using unnatural chromium supplements to treat diabetes is dangerous.
What products have this item
Its main sources for type 2 diabetes are brewer's yeast and liver - they need to be eaten at least twice a week. The diet should have bakery products of flour 2 grades of coarse grinding, you can eat potatoes cooked in a peel, the menu should always be fresh vegetables, beef, hard cheese.
An additional intake of drugs with such an element is necessary during pregnancy. People with diabetes and those over 45 years old need them. Powdered brewer's yeast with type 2 diabetes can be poured with boiling water. You need to drink this drink after it has been infused for half an hour.
Chrome is also found in:
- wheat germ
- pearl barley and peas,
- oysters, fish and shrimp.
It contains medicinal plants such as ginkgo biloba and lemon balm.
The most effective and safe dietary supplements include polynicotinate and chromium picolinate. They are especially needed for diabetics, because in case of a sugar illness this element is difficult to digest from products. In this case, the doctor may prescribe 200-600 mcg of these drugs. They will not replace the diabetes medicine for type 1 disease, but they will help maintain normal sugar with insulin. And with type 2 diabetes, drugs with this element are simply irreplaceable.
Chrome for diabetes
In case of pancreatic dysfunction, pathological biochemical changes in metabolism are formed in the body. The absorption of vitamins and minerals consumed with food is much worse.
Their additional intake becomes vital for the endocrinological patient.
What is the role of chromium in type 2 diabetes? How much trace element is needed? Is it true that drugs
Chrome in plants and foods
Metals are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. Some - in large quantities, they are called macronutrients. These include calcium, magnesium, sodium and others, others in small ones.
The paramagnetic trace element chromium is the hardest of all metals. He has a very weak ability to magnetize.
The lack of trace elements exacerbates metabolic disorders in the body occurring in diabetes mellitus.
Salts of calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, vanadium, chromium help reduce the amount of lipids in the blood. They participate in the synthesis of their own insulin in the cells of the pancreas. Chemical elements contribute to better absorption of carbohydrate foods. As a result, the amount of sugar in the blood normalizes.
The ongoing numerous medical studies on the use of chromium preparations for the treatment of diabetes mellitus prove the positive effect of the orange metal on the endocrine system.
Solutions of green salts play the role of a catalyst (accelerator) in reactions involving insulin. The effectiveness of the hormone increases.
As a result, chromium preparations help lower blood glucose levels.
Chromium is found in plant objects (herbs, bark, fruits, leaves):
- Arnica mountain,
- ginger officinalis
- alder gray
- noble laurel,
- Siberian fir
- sabelnik marsh.
The use of their decoctions and infusions leads to the normalization of the interaction of insulin with receptors (nerve endings) of cells.
Trace elements, in contrast to macro, are essential for the body in very small quantities. Their daily doses are measured in milligrams. The body is able to absorb chemical elements not in its pure form, but from the complex compounds formed by them (oxides, salts). It is in this form that trace elements are found in synthesized vitamin-mineral complexes, natural plant objects.
There is chrome in food:
- black pepper
- brewer's yeast
- wholemeal bread.
Medicine makes extensive use of metal therapy for metabolic problems. The rate of chromium consumed is 0.2 milligrams per day. In the same amount, other microelements - cobalt, molybdenum, iodine, must enter the body.
Metals are in demand for the preparation of medicines. In the pharmacy sale there are combination preparations containing vitamins and minerals. The methodology for their use is usually as follows: 1 tablet a day after meals. The course is 60 days. Treatment is carried out twice a year with an interval of 4 months.
The imported preparation Centrum contains chromium, vitamins A, groups B, D, pantothenic acid, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, silicon, boron and others. It features an extensive range of components. When taking Centrum, an overdose should be avoided. Side effects (nausea, vomiting) may occur.
Chromium preparations are presented in various formats (drops, capsules, tablets)
The active trivalent form of metal is used as a biological additive. A chemical element in another valency, like its excess, is toxic to the body.
Endocrinologists consider chromium picolinate a popular and more economical means. Reviews of diabetics with the second type indicate that taking dietary supplements provides a weakening of appetite - discourages the desire to eat sweet food.
Patients succeed on the background of taking Picolinate:
- lose weight more effectively
- cope with depressive, anxiety, nervous disorders,
- improve the structure of the walls of blood vessels.
Chromium preparations are necessary for the prevention of atherosclerosis and hormonal disorders. During chromotherapy, the mandatory maintenance of a low-carb diet is required.
At the same time, abstinence from food with easily digestible carbohydrates (sugar, sweets, grapes, bananas, products from premium flour, rice, potatoes) is necessary.
With caution, chromium-containing products are allowed, synthesized and natural medicines are prescribed:
- pregnant and lactating women
- patients with acute renal and hepatic insufficiency,
- children under the age of 16,
- patients suffering from Parkinson's syndrome.
Picolinate is packaged in plastic bottles of 100 pieces
The mechanism of action of metal in the body
Chromium salts are absorbed into the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal canal and have an adsorption effect throughout the body. Metal atoms have a large surface.
Physicochemical processes are actively played out on it, which lead to the absorption of toxins - bacterial and formed during metabolic disorders.
The resulting electron flow positively affects all cells in the body.
Metal compounds enter various organs, where they accumulate. Mainly in the liver, spleen, kidneys, bone marrow. From there, chromium salts gradually penetrate the bloodstream and are then excreted from the body. Their long stay can last up to several months.
It is important to adhere to the course application so that there is no overdose of metal ions (charged particles). If allergic manifestations occur, the drug is temporarily discontinued after consultation with a doctor.
The release of chromium salts occurs mainly through the intestines and kidneys. In the final section of the gastrointestinal tract, renal tissue, they form insoluble compounds, so unnatural coloration of feces and urine is possible.
Metals as therapeutic agents have been successfully used since ancient times. For resistance to chemical influences and temperature, many of them are called noble (gold, silver). Scientific research on the use of chromium salts in the treatment of endocrinological diseases is ongoing.
Chromium Slimming and Type 2 Diabetes
Chromium in type 2 diabetes is used as an element involved in the metabolism and affecting the level of glucose in the blood.
An additional intake of chromium (Cr) is due to the fact that its concentration in the blood in people with impaired glucose metabolism is significantly lower than in people who do not suffer from this disease. Cr ions are necessary to enhance the effects of insulin.
Biological role studies
The discovery of the effect of chromium in type 2 diabetes on blood glucose levels was made experimentally. Eating brewer's yeast saturated with trace elements increased the hypoglycemic effect of insulin.
Research continued in the laboratory. Artificially, due to hypercaloric nutrition in experimental animals, symptoms characteristic of progressive diabetes were caused:
- Impaired excess insulin synthesis
- An increase in blood glucose concentration with a simultaneous decrease in cell plasma,
- Glucosuria (increased sugar in the urine).
When chromium-containing brewer's yeast was added to the diet, the symptoms disappeared after a few days. A similar reaction of the body aroused the interest of biochemists in studying the role of the chemical element in the metabolic changes associated with endocrine diseases.
The result of the research was the discovery of the effect on insulin resistance of cells, which was called chromodulin or glucose tolerance factor.
A micronutrient deficiency has been laboratory-detected in obesity, endocrine diseases, excessive physical exertion, atherosclerosis, and diseases that occur with an increase in temperature.
Poor absorption of chromium contributes to the accelerated elimination of calcium, which occurs with diabetic acidosis (increased acidity of the pH balance). Excessive accumulation of calcium is also undesirable, causing a rapid elimination of the trace element and its deficiency.
Cr is necessary for the functioning of the endocrine glands, carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism:
- Increases the ability of insulin to transport and utilize glucose from the blood,
- Participates in the breakdown and absorption of lipids (organic fats and fat-like substances),
- It will regulate cholesterol balance (reduces undesirable low-density cholesterol, provokes an increase
- High Density Cholesterol)
- Protects red blood cells (red blood cells) from membrane disorders caused by oxidative
- Processes with intracellular glucose deficiency,
- It has a cardioprotective effect (reduces the likelihood of cardiovascular disease),
- Reduces intracellular oxidation and premature “aging” of cells,
- Promotes tissue regeneration
- Removes toxic thiol compounds.
Cr belongs to the category of minerals indispensable for humans - it is not synthesized by internal organs, can only come from the outside with food, it is necessary for general metabolism.
Its deficiency is determined using laboratory tests by concentration in the blood and in the hair. Characteristic signs of a deficiency may include:
- Not passing fatigue, fast fatigue, insomnia,
- Headaches or neuralgic pains,
- Unreasonable anxiety, confusion of thinking,
- Disproportionate increase in appetite with a tendency to obesity.
The daily dosage, depending on age, current health status, chronic diseases and physical activity, ranges from 50 to 200 mcg. A healthy person needs a small amount contained in a balanced diet.
An increased amount of chromium is necessary in the treatment of diabetes and for its prevention.
You can try to fully compensate for the lack of chromium in diabetes with a healthy diet therapy. The daily diet should consist of foods with a high trace element content.
The chemical element that enters the body with food is a natural biological form that is easily broken down by gastric enzymes and cannot cause an overabundance.
Cr in food
|Food products (before heat treatment)||Amount per 100 g of product, mcg|
|Sea fish and seafood (salmon, perch, herring, capelin, mackerel, sprat, pink salmon, flounder, eel, shrimp)||50-55|
|Beef (liver, kidney, heart)||29-32|
|Chicken, duck offal||28-35|
|Chicken, duck fillet||15-21|
|Cereals (lentils, oats, pearl barley, barley)||10-16|
|White cabbage, tomato, cucumber, sweet pepper||5-6|
|Sunflower seeds, unrefined sunflower oil||4-5|
|Whole milk, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese||2|
|Bread (wheat, rye)||2-3|
Use of Food Additives
As a dietary supplement, the substance is produced as picolinate or polynicotinate. The most common type of type 2 diabetes is chromium picolinate (Chromium picolinate), which is available in the form of tablets, capsules, drops, suspensions. Additionally included in vitamin and mineral complexes.
In food additives, trivalent Cr (+3) is used - safe for humans. Elements of other oxidation states Cr (+4), Cr (+6) used in industrial production are carcinogenic and highly toxic. A dose of 0.2 g causes severe poisoning.
Eating a dietary supplement with regular food makes it easier to replenish the required level.
Picolinate is prescribed in combination with other drugs in the treatment and prevention of:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hormonal disruption,
- Obesity, anorexia,
- Atherosclerosis, heart failure,
- Headaches, asthenic, neuralgic disorders, sleep disorders,
- Overwork, constant physical exertion,
- Impaired protective functions of the immune system.
The impact on the body is individual. The assimilation and inclusion of chromium in the metabolism by the body depends on the state of health and the presence of other trace elements - calcium, zinc, vitamins D, C, nicotinic acid.
Replenishment of the required concentration of Cr is manifested in the form of positive reactions:
- Lowering blood sugar levels,
- Normalization of appetite,
- Low density cholesterol reduction,
- Elimination of stressful conditions,
- Activation of mental activity,
- Restoring normal tissue regeneration.
A brewer's yeast based food supplement is an alternative to a diet made from chromium-containing foods. Yeast additionally contains in its composition a complex of minerals and vitamins required for a full metabolism.
Brewer's yeast in combination with low-carb diets reduce hunger, are a way to regulate the work of the gastrointestinal tract, weight loss.
A sign of normalization of metabolism is an improvement in well-being. For diabetics, an indicator will be a decrease in sugar levels. The use of an additional source rarely causes negative manifestations.
With caution, picolinate is used:
- With hepatic, renal failure,
- During lactation, pregnancy,
- Under the age of 18 and over 60 years.
Reception of the supplement should be discontinued in reactions indicating individual intolerance to the body:
- Allergic dermatitis (urticaria, redness, itching, Quincke edema),
- Digestive disorders (nausea, flatulence, diarrhea),
Chrome for weight loss and treatment of type 2 diabetes Link to main publication
What causes the deficiency of this element
It appears with such diseases:
- metabolic disorder
this element decreases with great physical exertion, stress, lack of protein, pregnancy. Cr deficiency can occur with improper nutrition, if the menu does not contain vegetables and fruits, and pasta and bread predominate.
The benefits of chromium to humans
A cure with Cr is important for containing diabetes. Helps to overcome concomitant symptoms. Particularly effective for type 2 diabetes. With a metabolic disorder, a person loses the ability to properly absorb it from food. Chromium preparations are prescribed:
- for the treatment of both types of diabetes
- to normalize the eyelid,
- with problems in the work of the cardiovascular system,
- against the background of aging (a high content of glucose in the blood, leads a living organism to rapid wear),
- for the prevention of atherosclerosis,
- to eliminate insomnia, headaches,
- in order to strengthen bones,
- to improve liver function.
It is found in vegetables (beets, cabbage, radishes), berries with fruits (cherries, plums, apples, sea buckthorn, cranberries) and in pearl barley, peas, shrimp, oysters, eggs, liver, nuts.
But to use many of these products for patients with diabetes should be careful, adhering to the developed dietary scheme. To better preserve the benefits of products, you need to cook in stainless steel dishes.
And patients with type 2 diabetes can fill the deficiency in the body only with drugs such as Chromium Picolinate. Although with type 1 disease, the medicine is also useful.
Lack of chrome
Trace deficiency affects people prone to nervous breakdowns.
Cr is one of the most important trace elements involved in metabolism. The chromium index may decrease due to constant stress, with nervous breakdowns, excessive enthusiasm for sports, in women during the period of bearing a baby. With a lack of Cr, craving for sweets grows, a person loses control over his desires.
With an increase in the supply of glucose-rich foods, chromium will be consumed intensively, since it is this element that regulates the absorption of sugars. With a deficiency, the metabolism slows down, and a person gains weight. Especially needed for people with a second type of diabetes. The synthesis of nucleic acids is also impossible without chromium, but zinc is also important.
The body will signal Cr deficiency in this way:
- exacerbation of diabetes mellitus,
- excess weight,
- slow growth in children
- fast fatiguability,
- impaired erectile function in male reproduction,
- coordination disturbances in movements,
- long healing wounds.
The amount of micronutrient in food is not enough to cover its daily intake.
The approximate chromium content in an adult human body is 5 mg Cr. The body is able to absorb only 10% of the food consumed. It is difficult to replenish the deficiency of an element by eating. since the products must be grown in chromium-enriched soil. In type 2 diabetes mellitus, it is more difficult for the body to absorb even tiny amounts of the element.
Chromium Picolinate, like similar dietary supplements or vitamin complexes, is not the only cure for diabetes. It is impossible to stop the disease, but to achieve stable compensation and to prevent complications is real.
With its excess, many diseases develop, in particular poisoning is possible. The risk of chromium intoxication increases with a high concentration of trace elements in the air or due to the uncontrolled use of chromium-containing dietary supplements.
With an excess of trace elements, allergies occur, a rash appears on the skin, the nervous system is disrupted, and the likelihood of developing cancer increases.
Therefore, people at risk constantly need to undergo professional examinations by an oncologist and take vitamins and dietary supplements strictly under the supervision of a doctor.
The main drugs with chromium from diabetes
In the Vitrum Performance complex there is a necessary daily dose of an element.
- Chromium Picolinate is the best option for people with diabetes. The drug inhibits cravings for sweets, speeds up metabolism, improves performance, stamina, reduces weight. Indicated for obese people.
- "Centuri 2000" - contains the daily intake of minerals and vitamins, including organic chromium. Normalizes the functions of the digestive tract. Suitable for people with an active lifestyle.
- Stay Healthy - A Complete Set of Micronutrients with Cr. Increases immunity, counteracts influenza and SARS, gives activity to the patient taking this drug.
- Vitrum Performance is a multivitamin complex for active people. Contains a daily dose of Cr.
- Chromium-enriched brewer's yeast. Additionally include amino acids, beta-carotene, vitamin B1. There is an option with zinc.
- “Chromium Picolinate Plus” is an analogue of a classic dietary supplement with parsley extract, garcinia fruits and gimnem leaves.
There are various vitamins for diabetics with elements such as chromium and vanadium. The daily intake of the drug on a regular basis should be in the range from 200 to 600 mcg.
It depends on the needs of each patient. The patient should also be advised to consult a nutritionist to draw up a suitable menu, taking into account the course of trace elements used in dietary supplements.
Chromium for diabetics: drugs and vitamins for type 2 diabetes
To fill the deficiency of vitamins and minerals during the development of pathology, special vitamin complexes and chromium preparations are often prescribed for the treatment of diabetes.
The constant use of chromium in diabetes safely affects the neutralization of insulin resistance, helps to normalize blood glucose levels, and also helps to cope with excess weight.
How does chromium affect the body?
The main role that a substance plays in the human body is the regulation of blood glucose.
Together with the hormone insulin, which is produced by the pancreas, chromium moves incoming sugar throughout the body into the tissue.
Can I take chrome against diabetes? Most experts give an affirmative answer to this question.
This substance that is included in the preparations is often used in the following cases:
- In type 2 diabetes, a medicine with chromium is indispensable. In addition, such tablets may be useful for patients with a diagnosis of the first insulin-dependent form of the disease. In diabetes mellitus, the body loses the ability to fully absorb the incoming chromium from food, which increases the need for additional complexes and biologically active additives. If you regularly drink chromium preparations for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, you can achieve a decrease in the administered insulin and other hypoglycemic agents.
- To normalize excess weight for diabetics. Obesity is a consequence of metabolic disorders in the body, as a result of which patients must strictly adhere to the prescribed diets and carefully monitor their diet. To increase the effectiveness of diet therapy, it is recommended to use chromium preparations, diabetes mellitus will stop its development.
- If there are problems with the work of the cardiovascular system. Hypertension and heart disease are often the result of the development of pathology, as there is a violation of metabolic processes and the manifestation of insulin resistance. Vitamins for diabetics with chromium content improve the condition of blood vessels and arteries, contribute to the normalization of cholesterol levels in the blood.
- With aging. High blood sugar contributes to the rapid wear and aging of the human body. Diabetic disease is just accompanied by constantly increased glucose levels, as a result of which the load on all organs and systems increases.
To date, there are a variety of vitamins for diabetics, which contain chromium and vanadium. It is believed that a regular daily intake of the substance should be in the range from 200 to 600 mcg, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient. Recommendations regarding the administration of preparations containing chromium and vanadium should be given by the attending physician.
In addition, a medical specialist will help you choose the optimal vitamin complex for diabetes, which includes chromium and vanadium.
The consequences of a lack of chromium in the body?
A lack of chromium in the body can be accompanied by a constant feeling of fatigue and a breakdown in a person.
With a lack of chromium in children, growth retardation can be observed.
In the presence of a small amount of chromium in the male body, a violation of reproductive functions is observed.
Additionally, with the lack of this trace element in the body, the following symptoms can be observed:
- sugar intolerance occurs, which is detected in the state of borderline diabetes,
- feelings of anxiety and anxiety arise,
- fast weight gain occurs
- decreased sensitivity of the upper and lower extremities may develop, trembling in the hands may appear,
- impaired coordination of movements,
- there is a sharp increase in bad cholesterol,
- persistent headaches.
Most often, an insufficient amount of chromium in the body is observed with the development of the following pathologies:
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body.
- The development of atherosclerosis.
In addition, chromium levels may decrease as a result of:
- severe nervous shocks and stresses,
- with significant physical exertion,
- during pregnancy in women.
One of the possible causes that lead to a deficiency of chromium is often malnutrition.
The attending physician determines the patient's chromium indices based on the results of the tests, after which he prescribes the necessary vitamin complexes in certain doses.
Before passing the tests, patients are advised to follow all the appointments of a medical specialist and follow the necessary diet.
The reviews indicate significant improvement in the results of patients who donated blood for analysis after taking the course of taking chromium preparations.
As a result of constant under-supply of chromium, the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases increases. If there is a lack of elements such as chromium and vanadium in the body, the blood sugar level is violated (both up and down), a prediabetic state occurs.
That is why, doctors often recommend to their patients: "Drink drugs containing chromium and vanadium."
What causes an excess of chromium in the body?
Excess substances in the body can bring their negative results as well as its lack.
In the first place, there is a risk of the possibility of chromium poisoning.
Uncontrolled intake of dietary supplements and tablets, non-compliance with dosages - a direct way to excessive production of chromium.
A large amount of chromium in the body can also be observed as a result of exposure to the following factors:
- High levels of substances in the air. As a rule, such a situation can occur in production plants. People working there inhale chrome dust, resulting in an increased risk of developing lung cancer and other pathologies.
- An insufficient amount of iron and zinc in the body can cause an excess of chromium. In this case, the human body begins to absorb most of the chromium that comes with the products.
Excessive amounts of the substance can lead to such negative manifestations:
- inflammation of the respiratory system and mucous membranes,
- the development of allergic reactions,
- the appearance of a variety of skin diseases. Eczema, dermatitis begin to develop,
- disorders of the nervous system occur.
It is also necessary to comply with the principles of diet therapy for diabetes and exercise regularly.
Ideally, you must carefully monitor the maintenance of the balance of all trace elements and nutrients in the body.
What medications with chromium exist?
Today, there are many diverse dietary supplements and specialized complexes designed for people with a diagnosis of diabetes.According to reviews of medical specialists and consumers, two bioadditives are most popular - chromium picolinate and polynicotinate.
Chromium picolinate is available in the form of capsules, tablets and spray. Regardless of the selected biologically active additives, chromium is replenished in the body, carbohydrate and fat metabolism are normalized.
With the development of diabetes, the need for chromium increases, which is why the patient is forced to take increased dosages of the drug. As a rule, the daily dose is from 400 mcg.
In order for the element to be properly absorbed by the body, the supplement is taken twice a day - in the morning and evening, along with the main meal.
Chromium picolinate, which is available in the form of a spray, must be taken thirteen drops under the tongue every day.
It should also be noted that, despite the safety of the drug, it is forbidden to take such a medicine without a doctor's prescription.
The main contraindications for chromium picolinate include:
- pregnancy and lactation
- the presence of allergies to the components of the drug.
The vitamin-mineral complex polynicotinate is a capsule that is produced by a well-known American pharmacological company. Customer reviews indicate that this biologically active supplement is one of the best among the preparations containing chromium.
The main recommendations when using such a vitamin-mineral complex are as follows:
- to reduce stomach irritation, it is necessary to drink capsules with food or with plenty of fluids,
- the best absorption of chromium is observed when ascorbic acid without sugar is additionally prescribed to the patient,
- it is not recommended to take calcium carbonate or antacids at the same time, since chromium absorption is impaired,
- the use of the drug should occur under the supervision of a physician.
Chromium-based products can also be used for preventive purposes, strictly following the recommended dosages.
The video in this article talks about the effects of chromium on diabetes.
Indicate your sugar or select a gender for recommendations. Searching. Not found. Show. Searching. Not found. Show. Searching. Not found.
What is the benefit of chromium for diabetics?
Using this element improves the movement of sugar from blood to tissue. With diabetes, chromium helps maintain a stable weight and removes excess cholesterol. Also, chromium lowers blood pressure and cleanses the body of toxins and excess fluid, which is very important for diabetes. This element provides active support for the thyroid gland and can even compensate for iodine deficiency.
What is the danger of chromium deficiency in diabetes?
The amount of chromium can decrease for various reasons:
- constant stress
- large loads on the body.
In this case, a person has a craving for sweets. With the arrival of an increased amount of glucose in the body, a person begins to gain weight. In order to prevent such a process, the presence of chromium is important. It regulates the absorption of sugar in the blood. With a lack of chromium, the body will give these signals:
- A man gets tired quickly.
- The sensitivity of the limbs decreases.
- Overweight and anxiety appear.
- The coordination of movements is disturbed.
- A hand tremor appears.
- Cholesterol accumulates in the body.
- Headaches occur.
- If there is a deficiency of chromium in childhood, then the child slowly grows, lags behind in development.
- The ability to procreate is lost.
The level of chromium in the body may decrease due to the progression of certain pathologies, the main of which are:
- excess weight,
- violation of metabolic processes.
Also, its content decreases with constant and heavy loads on the body, malnutrition and stress.
An excess of chromium in the body negatively affects a person. This usually happens with those who work in hazardous industries, where the air has a high chromium content, with a small amount of iron and zinc in the body, as well as with the unauthorized use of chromium preparations without a doctor's prescription.
An excess of an element can cause:
- mucosal inflammation,
- disruption of the central nervous system,
It is worth abandoning unauthorized intake of funds containing chromium. When taking such substances, it is recommended to regularly exercise.
Which foods and plants have the highest chromium content?
The main source of chromium is brewer's yeast. Their diabetes patients should be taken at least twice a week. Brewer's yeast can be drunk by diluting them first with water. The mixture should be infused for 30 minutes.
A person with diabetes should not forget about consumption:
More chromium-rich foods should be consumed during pregnancy and those over 40.
A lot of chrome is in:
- fish, shrimp,
- peas or pearl barley,
- wheat sprouts.
There is such an element in plants and vegetables:
You can eat berries and fruits that contain chrome:
It is not necessary to consume such products during the period of diabetes progression, but often.
Drugs with chromium in diabetes
Not all diabetics can take synthetic drugs to normalize their sugar levels, as they have many side effects. Therefore, doctors often prescribe medications containing chromium to such patients.
Today there are many complexes and dietary supplements specially designed for diabetics. Regardless of the type of drug chosen, it can make up for the lack of chromium in the body and normalize metabolic processes. Such products are produced in the form of tablets, capsules or spray.
The main drugs containing chromium are considered to be:
- Centuri 2000. It has a daily dose of vitamins and beneficial elements that normalize the amount of chromium, which will improve the functioning of the entire digestive tract. Recommended for those who lead an active lifestyle.
- Chromium Picolinate. The best medicine for diabetics. After taking the drug, the craving for sweet food decreases, metabolism improves, performance and endurance increase. Indicated for obesity.
- Vitrum Performance. It has a daily dose of chromium. Recommended for active people.
- Stay healthy. Contains a complete set of elements with chrome. Vitamin-mineral complex prevents the occurrence of acute respiratory viral infections, increases immunity and gives activity.
- Chromium Picolinate Plus. A dietary supplement that contains extracts of garcinia, parsley and gimnema.
There are also other chromium products. With regular use of such drugs, it must be remembered that the daily dose of chromium should not exceed 600 mcg.
In order for the elements to be well absorbed, you need to take funds twice a day - in the evening and in the morning with food. Substances in the form of a spray can be used every day after sleep.
It is important to consult with a nutritionist who will help you choose a diet based on taking chromium preparations.
Recommendations of specialists
When taking drugs, it is worth observing certain rules that will improve the effectiveness of therapy. They are:
- The best assimilation of chromium by the body occurs when ascorbine without sugar is taken at the same time as the drug.
- In order not to cause stomach irritation, the funds should be taken with food and washed down with plenty of water.
- Refuse when taking chromium from antacids and calcium, since these elements impair the absorption of the first.
Chromium preparations can also be taken for prophylaxis, strictly observing the dosage. Before using such substances, one should consult a doctor and be observed with him throughout the course of therapy.
Let's watch an educational video about the importance of chromium in diabetes and its role in the body of a person suffering from such an ailment, as well as why this element cannot be underestimated.
As you can see, chromium is important for the body of every person. Sometimes it is impossible to determine its lack on its own. To do this, you need to undergo a full examination and pass tests. For a consultation with the first signs it is worth going to an endocrinologist, therapist or gastroenterologist. Only a doctor can accurately diagnose and prescribe the right therapy.